Updated: Feb 5, 2019
Hey Babes! Welcome back to my blog. This week I wanted to share some Galentine’s & Valentines Day activity ideas with you... I know, I know, for some reason this made up holiday doesn't seem to have too many fans. BUT I love any excuse to get together with the ones I love and have some fun. So no matter your relationship status, grab your girl friends, gusband, siblings, or significant other and show them some gratitude, appreciation, and LOVE! Love is love! I mention some places in the Raleigh/ Durham area- but for my babes from all over the country- I am sure you can find some similar places in your town.
As you know, I am a free-spirited, single gal. And I cherish my girl time. Hanging out with my girls is always uplifting— it is a no pressure time to truly be myself. And who needs a man to celebrate love? I love myself- thats all that matters in the end.
I am a self proclaimed foodie. Like, girl, I LOVE some good food. So, of course I am going to start Galentine’s with some grub.
Galentines doesn’t start at 9 pm at night. Get your ladies together and check out chic restaurant, like Tupelo Honey or Flying Biscuit in Cameron Village. Or check out Coquette & Vivace in North Hills. Who doesn’t love a good mimosa (or maybe just the champagne) to start off the day.
After brunch, your Galentine’s doesn’t have to end. Here’s some of my ideas to continue the girl’s day fun!
• Fashion is one of my loves. It is my way of expression, so why not go shopping with my ladies. The great thing about the restaurants listed above (located in the Cameron Village or North Hills area) are located in outdoor shopping centers so it makes for the perfect location to keep the festivities going. Make a runway out of the changing room!
• An outfit is not complete without polish. My gusband and I love Polished in Raleigh. They do a great job on our nails, give a relaxing pedicure, and they keep the drinks flowing. Hot tip: Choose your color before they heavy hand kicks in. One time after visiting Polished I woke up with a very questionable green gracing my finger tips. SMH.
Sweat it out
• Fitness is my go-to for all my down time. Working out is my stress reliever, and re- energizes me. Galentine’s would be a great day to get the girls together and do a class. You will probably want to start with your fitness class and then end with some well deserved champagnes. If you aren’t a member of a gym I highly recommend Crunch fitness, located in Cameron Village. They offer unlimited guest passes and have a wide variety of classes. Or try something new like spin, TRX, yoga, or pole fitness (super fun with a group of girl friends).
My tribe in the salon are two gals in long term relationships. I got a little intel from the ladies to share with you on how to have an unforgettable Valentine’s Day with your love. Each couple is different, some like to go out, stay in, be alone, or do a group event. I broke down my plans by what kind of couple you may be.
The Low-Key Couple:
For a low-key couple, Valentine’s Day is strictly about that Q.T. You may not be crazy about the crowds, or even the pressure that Valentine’s Day brings.
Take Out & Movie
• For some couples, Valentines is a day for you two to relax together. So order your favorite take out, and pop in a good movie. Get your cuddle on!
• Raleigh offers cool places to get some food to cook together like Sur La Table. Reserve a class and online and learn how to cook something you can recreate at home. Or take the afternoon and check out the Butcher’s Market and the Farmer’s Market. Try out a new recipe, or do your personal fave. Have a candle light dinner in the comfort of your own home, and follow it up like above, a movie and cuddles!
• Not all dinners have to be fancy, but a new spot is new to you! Check out a couples restaurant like Crawford & Sons, Oku, Vidrio (Amber makes mean cocktail!), Capital Grill, Seoul 116, Stanbury, Mateo, St. James Seafood, The Counting House, The Durham Hotel, The Littler. Just a few of my person faves that I highly recommend.
Check out the Art
• Raleigh has an awesome Art Museum. Or Durham offers a one stop shop at 21C. 21c is a boutique hotel that features an art museum and restaurant (The Counting House mentioned above).
The Adventurous Couple:
For couple who loves to get their adrenaline pumping and like to live a little on the edge.
• Axe Throwing bars are all the rage. These are a great spot to release some tension and have a little competition with your hunny. Maybe make a bet ;)
• The RTP area offers some really beautiful lakes to take a walk around like Lynn Lake or Pullen Lake. It you are into more adventure than just a walk- check out William B. Umstead State Park. Umstead Park offers more adventure such as hiking & bike trails.
The Outgoing Couple:
For the couple who loves to be little social butterflies.
• RTP is filled with some awesome breweries, and pubs. Get your drink on in a bar crawl in downtown Cary that includes hot spots like Bond Brother & The Wine Store (all located within walking distance). Or stroll down Fayetteville Street popping in and out of restaurants and bars creating your own food & beverage tour of Raleigh. You can also do the same in Durham off of Main Street. It is not about where you go but who you go with! Get creative, a little frisky (maybe a lot ;) ), but most of all have fun!
• Valentine’s Day can be a night to kick back and have some laughs. Check out your local comedy club to see what they have going on on Valentines Day.
• Live sporting events can be great for the outgoing couple. At games you immediately become a community (well, if you are rooting for the home team together). Most games offer a variety of drinks- a lot of local breweries showcase their beers at games. I know the Hurricanes have a game the day after Valentines Day. Valentines Day does not have to be celebrated on the 14th, it is about taking time to show some love for your loved ones.
I hope my ideas sparked some inspiration in you! The options are endless but the opportunity to show someone close to you some love isn't so don't miss out! No matter what your relationship status is, there is a way to show some gratitude and love for the ones closest to you.
If you are looking to show yourself some SELF love (my personal fave), Intensions Salon is offering a really awesome promotion for February. With an installation on all new hair extensions, we are giving you a free gift bag with a shampoo, conditioner, leave- conditioner and wet brush to keep your new extensions as fabulous as possible! Fill Out our online consultation application on our home page of www.intentionssalon.com.
Peace & Love